Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hermes 10 Miler, Buzzard Duathlon in the bag

I had a great weekend of working out starting with the Hermes 10 Miler which is a run in downtown Cleveland that I have done several times. I was wondering if I was good to go for a hard ten miler and as it turned out I was. I hit my time goal of 1:30 almost on the nose at 1:29:57. Best part was I started slow and steady and had plenty in the tank when I finished up the hilly last mile or so. Sunday was more hills with the Buzzard Duathlon, a 3 mile run, 15 mile bike, and 3 mile run. The bike course is five laps of the run and it is a loop with several hills that are challenging especially on the second run. Although I watched with a bit of jealousy as the younger faster racers start their runs as I am still on my last bike lap, I was happy with my time of 1:44:30 and the fact that I was able to pass four people on the run and hold off a late challenger to finish strong. A nice therapeutic swim Monday capped off the great weekend.

Starting to feel good. Now I just need to drop about ten more pounds and I will be ready and raring to go for Ironman Louisville.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Good news Jack. The blog is a great tool. I like the title "Jack Tri's Again".
Check out http://ironmanlouisville2008.blogspot.com/
It is a group blog open to all louisville racers. Hope to see you sunday. last swim of the session.

triguyjt said...

Hey Jack...great to meet you at the Half-Marathon.

Blog looks great!!

Loved the shot of you and the boys after IM MOO. Cool . Isn't it great to share in something like that.???